Allocating Learning Collections
Select Allocations and then Learning. The Learning Collection/s that you have created will appear with the grey tag Learning Collection on it. Search for the Learning Collection you wish to allocate in the search bar at the top of the list and select it. From here, you can either allocate the Learning Collection to individuals or to groups.
Allocating Learning Collection to individuals
Select the Individuals tab and then Allocation Settings. From here, select your allocation method: Manually, Automatically or User Self Enrol:
- Manual allows Group Admins to select any specific group members to allocate the learning to.
- Automatically gives the module to all group members. You can select to give this module again to those who have not started, currently in progress and completed if required.
- User self-enrol will make the course appear on the 'Available Learning' page for the learner to request. If you select this, you can set it so that LMS Admins are required to approve any learning a member has requested.
You can then select the option to send an email on allocation of the Learning Collection, then select Next.
Here you can set an allocation and deadline date for your Learning Collection. Please note if you add a deadline to a Learning Collection, the LMS admin/s will be notified via email if a learner hasn't completed it in the designated time and is now overdue. You can select the following options:
- No Deadline: Learners will have unlimited time to complete the Learning Collection.
- Absolute Deadline: Set a date and time for when the Learning Collection will need to completed by. Once the deadline date reaches the Learning Collection will no longer be allocated automatically or available for self-enrol. You can also check 'Set to Manual' at Deadline Date. This will convert the allocation settings to Manual and any new users will not receive this Learning Collection.
- Relative Deadline: Set a period of time for the Learning Collection to be completed by from the date of allocation. This can be done in increments of days, weeks, months or years.
If you have set a deadline, you can use reminders to encourage your group members to complete the learning. These will be sent to any users who have not yet started or are currently in progress with the module.
- Select Add Reminder, this will populate the list with a blank reminder.
- Set the time before deadline you wish the reminder to be sent by entering a number value and the period of time (minutes, hours, days or weeks)
- You can enter a reminder message which will be sent.
- If you wish for this reminder to be sent as an email, select Send as Email
You can add multiple reminders as you require them. Once you are happy with your options, select Save.
Allocating Learning Collection to groups
Select the Groups tab and then Create Group Allocations. Select the groups that you would like to add the Learning Collection to and select Next. From here, select your allocation method: Manually, Automatically or User Self Enrol. Here you can set an allocation and deadline date for your Learning Collection. If you have set a deadline, you can use reminders to encourage your group members to complete the learning. These will be sent to any users who have not yet started or are currently in progress with the module. Once you are happy with your options, select Create Allocation and the Learning Collection will be added into your group/s.