There are a variety of ways to allocate learning to users. This can be done via Groups, which allocates learning to all members of the group en masse, or manually one course at a time to individual learners. This guide will focus on how to allocate courses via Groups.
There are two methods for allocating via Groups depending on what you need to achieve:
- Allocate a single course to multiple groups
- Add multiple courses to a single group
Allocating a Single Course to Multiple Groups
From the Admin Dashboard, select the Allocations tile.
From here you will be able to see all the courses available to allocate along with a breakdown of available and used licences.
For each course, you will see the following information stamps:
- Domain Available – Number of licences remaining to allocate for your Enable LMS domain.
- Not Started – Number of licences allocated but not yet accessed.
- Awaiting Licence – Number of licences allocated in excess of the number of licences purchased. Learners will not be able to access these licences until additional licences have been purchased.
- Used – Number of licences allocated and accessed by learners. This includes both ‘In Progress’ and ‘Completed’ courses.
Select the course you wish to allocate to learners by clicking on the course from the list.
You will now see the usage for the course listed again at the top of the page, along with the option to Request More Licences if you wish to purchase additional licences for this course and the option to Preview the course prior to allocating the course to learners.
You can see any groups that this course has already been allocated to along with the allocation method and Licences Used count.
To allocate this course to new groups click Create Group Allocation.
Depending on your access and system settings you may see the following lightbox. If so, select Groups and click Next.
Search for and select the groups that need to be allocated the course and click Next.
Alternatively, you can select all groups in the system using the Select All button.
Note, if you have searched before ticking Select All this will still select all groups in the system and not just those appearing in search results.
The next step allows you to limit the number of licences used within each group selected if you wish to do so. If you do not need to limit the number of licences per group, leave the Unlimited box ticked.
The following step gives you options on how you would like the course to allocate the selected groups. If you select 'Automatically' you will then be given the option to email the learners an email to inform them that they have a new course to be completed on their learner record. Select the Send email on allocation tick-box if you would like the learners to be informed via email.
The following step allows you to add a Start Date to your course if you wish. If you leave this option blank, the course will allocate immediately. You can also add a deadline to the course if you wish. Once happy with your selections, select Create Allocation.
Allocating Multiple Courses to a Single Group
From the Admin Dashboard, select the Groups tile.
Select the Group you wish to allocate training to.
From here select Learn Allocations. You will now see all courses currently allocated to the Group, along with a snapshot of licence activity and allocation method.
For each course you will see the following information stamps:
- Domain Available = Number of licences within the System remaining available to allocate.
- Group Available = Number of licences within the Group remaining available to allocate.
- Not Started = Number of licences allocated within the Group but not yet accessed.
- Awaiting Licence = Number of licences allocated within the Group in excess of the number of licences purchased. Learners will not be able to access these licences until additional licences have been purchased.
- Used = Number of licences allocated within the Group and accessed by learners. This includes both ‘In Progress’ and ‘Completed’ courses.
To add more courses to the Group, select Add Modules.
Search for and select the courses you wish to allocate to the Group and select Next.
The next lightbox allows you to limit the number of licences for each course used within the Group if you wish to do so. If you do not need to limit the number of licences per Group, leave the Unlimited box ticked and select Next.
The following lightbox gives you options on how you would like the courses to allocate the Group.