Group allows learners with similar learning activities to be assigned to Groups. Groups can be created for a classroom or for administration purposes, allocate learning or communicate with users within a group. They also allow group events to be created.
Administrators to organise users, linking users with learning and provide a way of creating classes/teams.
LMS Administrators can:
- Create public, private, hidden, open or joinable groups for learners.
- Private/Hidden: this group is completely private and users will be unaware that they are in it.
- Private/Visible: this group will not be seen by users unless they are invited into it.
- Public/Joinable: this group is available for anyone to join, but requires group admin approval. If you select this, you have a further option to set a reason why the user may want to join this group.
- Public/Open: this group is open for anyone to join.
- Use advanced filters to find and manage Groups.
- Classify groups by tagging with key words, which you can then filter and report on.
- Make groups management groups for line manager functionality. This sets any Group Admins as a Line Manager for the group members.
- Allow self registration will show this group as an option to new users on the registration page.
- Create and manage group events.
- Manage group permissions.
- Add courses to groups of learners.
- Manage group resources.
- Manage group admin actions.
- View all the groups they are a member of.
- Group search allows a user to search for groups they can join.
- User can join open groups themselves.
- Users make a request to join a group that requires authorisation.
- Access group resources.